The universe must be either perfectly aligned or completely out of whack in the blogging/social media world. I haven’t posted on this here blog since last Friday, and logging in today a surprise awaited.
Usually, when I don’t blog for some time the viewership goes down. And that’s fine, I’m here to have a conversation, hang out with friends — that’s my reward. But this time, the stats told a different story. The viewership went through the roof on Wednesday with 130 views, and Thursday, at 194 views.
I’m not complaining, but it’d be nice if this made sense. I haven’t done anything differently — I tag the same, write the same, procrastinate the same.
Clicking through pages, I saw 150 viewers were sent here by Reddit, another social site as I understand, of which I’m not a member or have visited until today (that I remember).
Don’t know what to make of it? What about you?
With that said, allow me to switch gears for a minute. I am the proud recipient of three blogging awards. (My friends, you rock!) I am so feeling the love. I don’t take awards for granted, even if it takes me a while to post.
Since we’re talking three awards, I’m going to bend the rules a little, if you don’t mind. Am going to select a couple of questions from each, answer, and invite all of you (who don’t already have the awards, :-)) to be my nominees. Take it please. You deserve it.
1. The Wonderful Team Member Readership Award.
My blogging friend Sammy at Bemuzin nominated me for this super-wonderful award. Sammy is one of the best bloggers I have come across — honest, very thorough with her comments, everything a writer hopes for. Thank you, Sammy.
This is an award focused on rules, but here is what I say: Make your own rules, and above all be a good blogging friend.
2. The One Lovely Blog Award.
This lovely award was given to me by Alli at Eclectic Alli. Here’s why I love blogging: people like Alli: great blog, amazing reader, super-cool award. Thank you, Alli. For this, I have to share seven (or a couple of) things about myself:
1. I play guitar (only two chords, E minor and G). My husband is the real musician, and over the years he’s tried to teach me, but I tell you this: it’s not easy playing guitar — your hands have to stretch in a certain (weird) way. Piano is more my speed, but I do love guitar music.
2. I speak 2.5 languages. How is that possible, you ask? Well, I understand a large amount and can speak some Italian, only because it is very close to my native Romanian. The other two? You guessed: Romanian and English. For some reason, Italian is my current favorite (may be the fact I haven’t fully conquered it yet).
3. The Versatile Blogger Award.
I was nominated for this special award by Karen at Karen’s Different Corners. Thank you, Karen. Love being versatile. :) And in the interest of keeping this post short, here are two more things about your truly:
1. I used to run 5 and 10K races with friends, and loved every moment. While I haven’t done them in some time, would love to start again. Kept me in shape. Now, I just go on walks and on my treadmill (not as much fun).
2. One of my most ardent goals is to see my novel in print one day. So, I keep working on it after each set of feedback notes, keep plugging away.
Thank you to my three blogging friends for nominating me, for sharing their experiences, and for continuing to read my blog. You all make it worthwhile.
Hugs. Love. Peace.
Image courtesy: sacredascensionmerkaba