What a nice way to end the A to Z Blogging Challenge — by being nominated for the Liebster Blog Award (my very first such honor).
I’m always excited to see comments on my blog, but this particular email brought a sweet surprise from Franny, a wonderful blogger I met through the Challenge.
Thank you, Franny. You can find her here: http://frannychallenge.wordpress.com/2013/05/02/liebster-blog-award/
There are a few rules associated with the award (aside from posting a picture on top of the post, mentioning who nominated you, and posting a link to their blog):
Here are the rules:
1. List 11 random facts about you.
2. Nominate 11 other bloggers for the Liebster Award and link their blog sites.
3. Notify the bloggers of their award.
4. Ask the award winners 11 questions to answer when they accept their Liebster Award.
Some random facts about me:
1. Today is my 17th wedding anniversary (the award is an awesome gift);
2. May is an important month in our family — aside from our anniversary, our son turns 9.
3. I was born and raised in Bucharest, Romania (moved to the US in 1992);
4. I spend a lot of time writing stories (had two published in online journals);
5. I would love to finish editing my novel this summer. I’ve been working on it for years.
6. I have an awesome group of writing friends (they put up with me and read my work. :))
7. I like music of just about any kind (except for rap). I’m married to a guy who plays guitar and bass, and who on his free time plays in a band;
8. I just finished my first Blogging Challenge. Yay!
9. I love foreign languages. Aside from English, I speak Romanian (a Latin-based language) and understand a good measure of Italian.
10. This summer I’m going to Washington, DC for the first time. Anything you’d like to share about your visit(s) there would be much appreciated.
11. For my reading pleasure, I have 2 – 3 books going at the same time — one for bedtime, one for treadmill time, one for car rides. April changed that a little with the Challenge demanding most of my time.
And now the questions I was asked:
1. Do you have a nickname? Not now, but as a kid I was known as Simi. My older sister couldn’t say Silvia, so somehow she ended up with Simi.
2. Who’s your favourite writer? This one is hard … I have so many favorites. But because I’ve been reading a lot of Joyce Carole Oates lately, I have to say she’s right up there at the top.
3. If you could switch life with someone who’d you choose? And why? Hmmm. Maybe Jane Goodall, just to experience such amazing motivation and dedication.
4. If you had a time machine where would you go? Into the future to see what it looks like say a hundred years from now, then I’d come back and report.
5. Pirates or Vampires? Pirates … vampires are overrated. :)
6. Are you a satisfied person or do you keep working to obtain something? Never satisfied when it comes to my writing. But I’m happy with my life otherwise.
7. Sweet or savoury? Savoury. Yum.
8. Which is your favourite colour? It changes from time to time. I loved burgundy as a teen, then red and purple. Now, I’d say green.
9. What’s your favourite animal? Dogs … small to medium size.
10. Is friendship important for you? Absolutely. I have a handful of very good friends and I absolutely cherish them.
11. Fantasy or sci-fi? I like both, but I like sci-fi just a tad more.
And now, the bloggers I am nominating for the award (because I think their blogs are awesome):
Finally, your turn to answer questions:
1. What is your favorite quote?
2. What makes you smile?
3. What is your favorite dish?
4. If you needed to emigrate, which country would you choose and why?
5. What is your ultimate way of relaxing?
6. What instrument have you ever wanted to play?
7. What role/part would you play in a movie?
8. What’s your favorite song when you’re traveling?
9. Mountains, hilltops or beaches — where would you go on vacation?
10. Do you prefer reading fiction or nonfiction?
11. Name one place/city anywhere in the world you’d like to go. And why?
I look forward to reading your posts.